Everything that is new or uncommon raises a pleasure in the imagination, because it fills the soul with an agreeable surprise, gratifies its curiosity, and gives it an idea of which it was not before possessed. Joseph Addison

Monday, January 02, 2006

2-0-0-6

Officially 2006. Wow, what happened to 2005? What happened to 1999 for that matter? You know, it's true that time moves faster with every year that passes. It seems like a year now passes in the equivalent of 6 months, especially in London. You've heard of the "New York Minute"? Well try the London Annum for a change. Don't get me wrong- I really love London, and I have come to appreciate the fast-paced life and the excitement of this city I call home. Living here has taught me much about life. About how scary and daunting and wonderful it is and how your own perspective determines your own reality.

What does 2006 look like for you? What dreams are coming to the forefront and what is your greatest desire for the year? Are you nervous? Excited? Scared? All of the above? It feels like we have just broken the ice and are now plunging into the water to see how deep it goes. I believe that this will be a year of big things and many defining moments. And even though I know that there will be many challenges, I am almost holding my breath in anticipation... It is unknown and undiscovered, but never have I started the year with such a faith that 'I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.'

What is waiting around the corner? Only God knows, and maybe, just maybe, that's exactly the way it is supposed to be.

Bring it on 2006!

A Beautiful Card from PostSecret

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home