Everything that is new or uncommon raises a pleasure in the imagination, because it fills the soul with an agreeable surprise, gratifies its curiosity, and gives it an idea of which it was not before possessed. Joseph Addison

Monday, January 02, 2006

Back to Reality

I'm sitting here on the couch, watching 'What Women Want' for the 100th time and enjoying my last few hours of holiday. I can't believe that tomorrow is back to reality. I've had such a great week of doing nothing and chilling out that I almost can't face the idea of getting back to work, but such is life. As the Monty Python Boys say: 'Always Look at the Bright Side of Life'.
(They say a great many other things that we will not discuss here...)
It's been an interesting day, one of those where you think to yourself- if my head wasn't screwed onto my body I would have left it somewhere. I stayed over at a friend's place in Thamesmead last night and then had to travel in to South West London to have lunch with someone today. We went to TGI Fridays (which was really great, good food and cool decor) and had WAY too much to eat. But of course I had to go and forget my backpack in the restaurant, not my phone or wallet or anything simple like that, it had to be the WHOLE BACKPACK. Go big or go home I suppose. To make things worse, I only realised that I didn't have my bag by the time I got home, so I had to phone the restaurant and arrange for the waiter to keep the bag aside and then phone Tim to collect the bag for me so I can pick it up from him tomorrow, because (get this) my house keys are in the bag. Great, huh? What a start to the new year. Hehehe. I'm reminded of a song: Things can only get better...
I sure hope so!

Now, for entertainment value, here are a few more pictures of Christmas and New Year and so on... Enjoy.

(Oooooh... Mel Gibson just got the girl! How sweet! No matter how many times I watch this film, it never gets dull!)




Breakfast in Covent Garden. Not quite My Fair Lady Style, but close enough.



We had our New Year's Services in the Wembley Conference Centre yesterday with the Katinas.



Welcome Home, in Wembley. ( I can see this becoming a regular venue in future...)



Va Va Voom! Fireworks!

3 Comments:

Blogger Clovergirl said...

He got the girl??? I can't believe you just gave the ending away!!!

11:03 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I can't believe there's anyone in the world who hasn't seen the film yet!
Hehehe, sorry for those of you who haven't.

11:48 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK so now I have come, I have seen and I lik ethe new style-type-loads of pics included.... for us not so 'read'y peops..... hmm... yeah bring on the pics girl!

12:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home