Everything that is new or uncommon raises a pleasure in the imagination, because it fills the soul with an agreeable surprise, gratifies its curiosity, and gives it an idea of which it was not before possessed. Joseph Addison

Friday, January 27, 2006

Oh No... Not AGAIN?!?!?!




Surely this can't be right- can we be saying goodbye to another friend? Saying goodbye AGAIN? I am honestly beginning to despise the airport. I am getting to a point where I can't bear the idea of getting close to Heathrow, because it seems the only time I am ever there is when someone in my life is leaving. Forget people who get all excited about airports because they signify holidays and sun and sea and all such beautiful things... But no, not me. In my life they are associated with a parting of ways.

Our housemate Debbie is heading off to sunny SA tomorrow for we don't know how long. This is due to the fact that there were some work permit issues happening and basically, she didn't get a new job in time. We only found out on Thursday, and she's already flying out tomorrow (Sat). Talk about short notice. Though we're trying to be all cool about it, we're actually really bummed. Our house has become a haven to us, and the people living there have become more than housemates...more than friends even...they have become family.

We are one in the Spirit, we are one in the Lord
We are one in the Spirit, we are one in the Lord
And we pray that our unity will one day be restored
And they'll know we are Christians by our love, by our love
Yeah they'll know we are Christians by our love
(Jars Of Clay)


As I have mentioned before, this is one of my favourite songs, and the truth of these lyrics has become the centre of our living. We are ONE in the Spirit. Very much so.

Romans 12:5
We are all parts of his one body, and each of us has different work to do. And since we are all one body in Christ, we belong to each other, and each of us needs all the others.

Have you ever had the type of relationship where no matter what is said you could not possibly take offence, because you absolutely understand that whatever is said is done in Love? That it is all out of a desire to see you grow and flourish and maybe even get over yourself? Well, that's where we're at, so 'losing' a member of this family is like losing a part of yourself. It means that you are now less because you alone do not make up yourself anymore. Hmmm, interesting.

I think one of the biggest things for me is that I know that this is signifying the end of a season for us. All of us are heading off in different directions soon, and what we have now will change. Deb will come back a married woman. Kate flies off to Brisbane in March and will be getting married in January. I'm heading to Sydney in January to start bible college. Zoe starts Uni soon. Anneke is moving to Paris. Jenny is stepping into a bigger season than ever before. Amy is already back in Sydney building a new life. Our time together is drawing to a close. I know that what we have built will be ours forever, and these are people we will carry with us on our walk everywhere we go, but it will never look the same again. We will never be the Greystoke Palace Princesses again, not the way we are now. And though I know that it is time to step into the new season, the next level, I will miss this. I am reminded of a line in the film Little Women.

Beth: I am not afraid. I can be brave like you. But I know I shall be homesick for you, even in Heaven.

I guess what it all comes down to is this- no matter where this life may take us and which roads we end up travelling along, I shall always remember these days, and I shall be homesick for my girls until we are reunited again. In the meantime though, I plan on making the most of the time we have together and hopefully we will begin to see the next chapter of our respective lives take shape. And also which part we will all play in each other's.


Bye Deb. See you when you get back.

1 Comments:

Blogger Clovergirl said...

The more people move away, the larger your world becomes... ;-)

1:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home