Everything that is new or uncommon raises a pleasure in the imagination, because it fills the soul with an agreeable surprise, gratifies its curiosity, and gives it an idea of which it was not before possessed. Joseph Addison

Monday, January 02, 2006

Wisdom


When I have ceased to break my wings
Against the faultiness of things,
And learned that compromises wait
Behind each hardly opened gate,
When I have looked Life in the eyes,
Grown calm and very coldly wise,
Life will have given me the Truth,
And taken in exchange -- my youth.


Sara Teasdale

1 Comments:

Blogger Clovergirl said...

Oh, I miss you so much. How wonderful to read your beautiful wisdom on the internet and almost feel like I'm having a conversation with you! You are brilliant, and amazing, and witty, and eloquent, and I love reading your blog so KEEP IT COMING!!

11:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home