Everything that is new or uncommon raises a pleasure in the imagination, because it fills the soul with an agreeable surprise, gratifies its curiosity, and gives it an idea of which it was not before possessed. Joseph Addison

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

A Bed, A Bed, my Kingdom for a BED!

I have probably mentioned this before, but there is not much time for sleep in our house. Not when there are so many other things that need to happen. Mostly there are conversations that have to happen and they always seem to happen when we are just about getting ready to go to dreamland. So our most productive conversation time is between midnight and 1 am in the mornings. In the past this hasn't really caused too much worry, other than the usual grogginess and occasional cases of dozing on the train to and from work. Nothing to really worry about. Then the inevitable happened: I read an article that freaked me out. This article spoke about the importance of sleep in our daily lives. How our bodies detoxify when we are asleep, and so we can literally wake up FRESH in the morning. Yikes! I have not slept enough in months. If my body detoxifies when I am asleep, and I haven't been giving it the time it needs, my reasoning tells me that Toxins are mounting up in my body. I am becoming a toxic wasteland! For all I know I may even become radioactive.

So, in my desire to preserve the best interests of those around me, I have decided that I need to take the rest of the week off and sleep until Monday. I do not want to be the cause of toxic poisoning of the people in my world. I am a walking health and safety hazard! Like the labels on the medication bottles read: Do not operate heavy machinery after use. Well, in your case, do not operate ANYTHING if you have been in my presence for more than 5 minutes. Just run away and go straight to bed!

And you thought YOU had problems!?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home