Everything that is new or uncommon raises a pleasure in the imagination, because it fills the soul with an agreeable surprise, gratifies its curiosity, and gives it an idea of which it was not before possessed. Joseph Addison

Monday, February 13, 2006

I'm Back!

Well, I haven't posted for a few days the reason being that I've been really busy, but also I was under the weather last week. But have no fear- I'm back and, hopefully, I'm better than ever. Don't get me wrong, I fully appreciate that being better than ever may be a bit of a long shot, but I'll probably be just as good, anyway. ;-)

So, quick recap of the last few days: Monday I was off sick, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday sort of passed in a bit of a blur and then Friday hit! YAY! But the bummer of it was that there was Sports Life on Friday...Netball! And I was in absolutely no state to play any sport of any kind, so I did the one thing I knew would keep me off the court... I stayed away completely. I didn't particularly want my housemates to have phone up my mum and inform her that due to my own Stupidity I was now in bed and suffering from Pneumonia. So I went to Janet's place instead. She was working from home on Friday and said I should go over so she could nurse me. Don't you just love that? I pitched at hers and literally passed out on the couch for the rest of the day. Then Tamara joined us later and we watched Ferris Bueller's Day Off. I haven't laughed and cringed so much in ages. It was good, no great actually.

Tam and I left there at about 11:30 and headed back home to bed, where I stayed until midday on Saturday. What a luxury! It did the trick though, and I felt almost like myself again by Saturday evening.

Saturday was rounded off with an interesting passtime: Bowling. Yup, good ol' Ten Pin. It was such a laugh!!!! Know why? I have discovered that I SUCK at bowling! I mean SUCK at it! I sent more balls down the gutter than anything else, it was hilarious. Lucky for me I was not the only one who sucked, we all pretty much did. There were about 2 out of the 9 people there who could put a decent score up. I did, however, score a STRIKE! Yay for me... even if it was only one. Afterwards I had to try and redeem myself with some airhockey and pool, which didn't go too badly. All in all I'd say it was a pretty successful 2 days. Let's hope there will be more like them in the near future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home