Everything that is new or uncommon raises a pleasure in the imagination, because it fills the soul with an agreeable surprise, gratifies its curiosity, and gives it an idea of which it was not before possessed. Joseph Addison

Monday, March 27, 2006

Singin' in the Rain...London style.

Yesterday between services Kim and I went for a stroll around the little backstreets of London. This is one of my favourite passtimes as you never quite know what you will discover on your wanderings. Sometimes it almost feels as if you have left the real world behind and you are lost in a fairy tale, or a medieval adventure.

We came across a little deserted walkway and had a bit of fun...


I'm singing in the rain
Just singing in the rain
What a glorious feelin'
I'm happy again
I'm laughing at clouds
So dark up above
The sun's in my heart
And I'm ready for love
Let the stormy clouds chase
Everyone from the place
Come on with the rain
I've a smile on my face
I walk down the lane
With a happy refrain
Just singin',
Singin' in the rain


Just a pity there were two Debbie Reynolds' and no Gene Kelly to join in the refrain. I always knew I was made for Broadway, there was just one thing that ever stood in my way- my voice.

*Sigh*

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats cos you got the preaching voice!

6:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home