Everything that is new or uncommon raises a pleasure in the imagination, because it fills the soul with an agreeable surprise, gratifies its curiosity, and gives it an idea of which it was not before possessed. Joseph Addison

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

All Of You

So here we are, God. Just you and me.
All of you and all of me.
I wonder, did you plan this?
Did you know I would end up here?
I feel a bit like Job, asking why
yet never receiving an answer.
I have screamed until my voice is hoarse
and my throat parched
but still I run in circles-
running into myself at every turn.
Again I wonder: How did I get here?
Now I look for the first time beyond myself
and see a world I never knew-
a world I longed for in that secret place.
I see it through a murky window, dim and removed
yet somehow I know
that you will take me there, if I will let you.
Looking in your eyes I see myself
not as I am
but as I can be-
as You see me
and I know that your life is the life I want.
Will you take me there, Lord?
Will you open the door that I cannot?
Here we stand, just you and me.
All of you and all of me
and I know that you are enough.
That you are all.
That you are.
So I leave behind myself and all I was
as I step through the door and close it.
I am in your hands, I am at your mercy
and your mercies are new every day.

So here we are, God. Just you and me.
All of you and none of me.

Phoenix


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home