Everything that is new or uncommon raises a pleasure in the imagination, because it fills the soul with an agreeable surprise, gratifies its curiosity, and gives it an idea of which it was not before possessed. Joseph Addison

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

AGAIN, AGAIN!!!!!!

I had so much fun on our previous chain poem that I feel it merits a second round... What do you think?
So here we go:

I stood and stared
as you smiled with outstretched hand
and the thorn pierced
as I looked in the eyes of my enigma.

Could a man smile in the midst of pain?
Maybe it hurts less that I thought.
The spear drives in, (Mr. T)
still my mask remains.

A puppet in the hands of the master Puppeteer.
You pull the strings
and tie my heart in knots as I am tangled,
woven in the threads of your lies.

I've believed you before,
but dare I do it again?
Still
your charm overwhelms me and the lock on my heart begins to crumble. (Mr.T)

Despite my best efforts the door swings open and reveals
the intricate ticking of my soul-
the vulnerable inner working
that you use to bend and manipulate me to your will.

Though I smile on the outside
everything within me screams.
The familiar feeling of emotions leaving,
I am given to you.
All I do now is wait (Mr.T)
for the end. Or is it the beginning?

I am empty. Void of meaning and life.
You took all I was and tipped it out
as coffee dregs down the drain.
Now that I have gone I find
that something stirrs.
Something familiar yet dormant for the longest time.
I feel it as the awakening begins.



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

could a man smile in the midst of pain,
maybe it hurts less that i thought.
the spear drives in.

10:08 PM

 
Blogger tato fantastico said...

i've believed you before,
but dare i do it again.
Still
your charm overwhelms me and the lock on my heart begins to crumble

9:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

though i smile on the outside,
everything within me screams.
the familiar feeling of emotions leaving,
i am given to you.
all i do now is wait

7:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well I dont do poetry (im not that kind of guy sorry) but I do blog. New blog has gone live! checkit at http://madmurdoc.wordpress.com :D

2:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home