Everything that is new or uncommon raises a pleasure in the imagination, because it fills the soul with an agreeable surprise, gratifies its curiosity, and gives it an idea of which it was not before possessed. Joseph Addison

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Eight (Sun)days and counting...

Here's a scary thought for you... I only have eight Sundays left before I go. That means eight days of church. Yikes! Two months seems like a long time, but I just realised how short that really is. *Sigh* but I need to get used to the idea very quickly, otherwise it's gonna wipe me out when the day comes to say goodbye.

I'll be resigning my job at the end of June. That's something to look forward to- especially my boss's response. But that is the most exciting part about leaving, is the fact that I can find another job, hopefully in a slightly more normal environment.

My shipping boxes are arriving on Thursday, and then I will start sorting out what is going to SA and what is going to Oz. Also what is staying behind. Hmmm... that's gonna be a tough one. I'm gonna have to be really strict with myself, maybe I'll get Debs to help me- she will be firm and not allow me to keep anything that I don't really need... (no matter how badly I want it).

Anyway, this is just a bit of rambling on my part. I've been getting a bit emotional lately, just when I hang out with people I care about so much and realise that I'm gonna say goodbye soon.
Ok, ramling over. I'll be back again soon, hopefully with some interesting information.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coffee Team & New Christians (before you moved to Coffee Team :D) wont be the same without you :(

1:59 PM

 
Blogger Clovergirl said...

Did I tell you what happened when Mish helped me pack? She called me and said ' Make 3 piles: Definitely keeping, Not Sure, and Get Rid Of'. Then when she got there she threw away piles 2 and 3! I said 'But I wasn't sure about those ones yet Mish!' She said 'Well, if you weren't sure then they don't deserve to come!' Great advice :-)

3:05 AM

 
Blogger Clovergirl said...

But having said that, my best advice would be to still pack some things that don't have any purpose other than to remind you of happy times :-)
Some of the things I brought back with me that I love the most are things like photos, postcards, tube maps etc. (Okay so I'm a sentimental gal!!)

3:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home