Everything that is new or uncommon raises a pleasure in the imagination, because it fills the soul with an agreeable surprise, gratifies its curiosity, and gives it an idea of which it was not before possessed. Joseph Addison

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Book Of The Year!

This is definitely the book of the year in my opinion, Velvet Elvis, by Rob Bell.
What an amazing read. What an interesting look at the Christian faith. What a challenge.
Beautiful!

Check out the link: Velvet Elvis

Check out this exerpt from the book:

"We have to test everything. I thank God for anybody anywhere who is pointing people to the mysteries of God. But those people would all tell you to think long and hard about what they are saying and doing and creating. Test it. Probe it. Do that to this book. Don't swallow it uncritically. Think about it. Wrestle with it. Just because I’m a Christian and I’m trying to articulate a Christian worldview doesn’t mean I’ve got it nailed. I’m contributing to the discussion. God has spoken, and the rest is commentary, right?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home