Everything that is new or uncommon raises a pleasure in the imagination, because it fills the soul with an agreeable surprise, gratifies its curiosity, and gives it an idea of which it was not before possessed. Joseph Addison

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

When the Dog Bites, when the Bee Stings....

when I'm feeling sad, I simply remember my favourite things and then I don't feel so BAAAAAAAAAAAAD.....

(how many of you hate me right now for putting that song in your head? Hehehe... Evil laugh)

Ok, so this post is going to be dedicated to my favourite things. Now for those of you who do not know me, I am not a girly girl. I do not do pink and sparkles and ribbons and the like. It's just not me. I have friends who do these things VERY well, and I love that about them, but I feel like a complete dope in that stuff. (please see
Clovergirl and Mishy-Jo's posts to see how this is done...you can learn a lot from these two)

I am more into adventure. I like fast cars and bikes, I love my rollerblades and my mountainbike (which I haven't ridden in a LONG time), I like doing things because people don't think I can, I love war movies and fighter jets and helicopters. I love adrenaline. I used to be a bit of a junkie, but 3 years in London and a bit of growing up have toned me down a little. In fact, I used to be a little (maybe a lot) crazy and I have the broken tooth to prove it.

Now I am a mixture of all these things and this is a taste of some of my favourite things. First on the list would have to be my friends, but this list is based more on things I own.

My ever faithful K2 Velocity skates with Orange trim.

My leatherman and wallet card. You have no idea how handy these are in a jam. This is the girl scout in the coming out- always be prepared!

Before you completely lose hope, my 'Galaxy' pendant, complete with different colour marbles to match any outfit.

Diamonds are a girl's best friend. Maybe not the best, but they come close! Wearing this will make any girl feel like the princess she is. Even if she's a warrior princess.

I seem to be having some serious issues loading the othe images, I will have to try another tactic...

5 Comments:

Blogger zoe said...

Ahh, Marcia we miss you too. And the house is a bit too quiet without you.

Just carry on being you because you are great just the way you are. I look forward to meeting you again in a few years.

9:10 PM

 
Blogger Clovergirl said...

Marcia - you have a diamond necklace? And it's one of your favourite things? And you're trying to convince yourself you're not girly?
Oh, please.
I'm sure I have a photo of you dressed all in pink ;-)

11:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would pay to see Marcia with all pink stuff and ribbons etc :P

Hopefully nothing like that will effect/become you in sydney.

Kodak Moment.

2:33 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The last time I saw Marcia on rollerblades was close to 2 years ago.

2:36 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 non lady like items and 2 girly items - i would say you are well balanced ...

12:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home