Everything that is new or uncommon raises a pleasure in the imagination, because it fills the soul with an agreeable surprise, gratifies its curiosity, and gives it an idea of which it was not before possessed. Joseph Addison

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Hadassah

Have you ever been in a place you didn't understand? Or been put in a situation you couldn't come to grips with? I often find myself questioning the reason or the motivation behind so many of the places I end up in.

I am currently reading Hadassah - One Night With The King, by Tommy Tenney and it sometimes feels like I'm looking at my own life, or my own struggles. Ok, my physical circumstances are nothing like hers, but her emotional struggles and the obstacles she must face and overcome with no explanation why ring true in the deepest part of my soul.

If you currently are, or ever have been, 'in the desert' with no water in sight, I would highly recommend this book. It might just stir your faith into believing that God is still (as He always has been) God. And nothing will ever make that less true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home